Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine Wishes

JUST SENT OFF VALENTINE'S AND SMALL GIFTS TO MY GRANDKIDS.  I LIVE PRETTY FAR AWAY AND DO NOT GET TO SEE THEM REGULAR SO I LIKE TO SEND THEM MAIL AND PACKAGES . I WANT THEM TO KNOW THEY ARE SPECIAL AND CLOSE TO MY HEART .  I WAS BUSY THIS AFTERNOON MAKING A VALENTINE TABLE TOPPER / WALL HANGING.  ALL I HAVE LEFT TO DO ON IT ;  IS TO MAKE A HANGING SLEEVE FOR THE BACK. 



MODA MAKES PACKAGES OF FABRIC SCRAPS THAT GO TOGETHER FOR SALE.  I BELIEVE THEY ARE CALLED STEW MEAT.  THEY RANGE FROM TWO INCH WIDE TO FIVE INCH WIDE.  THEY ALL HAVE A SELVAGE ON ONE SIDE.  A QUILT MADE FROM A JELLY ROLL CAN BE MADE FROM THIS PACKAGE SIZE.  USUALLY I CAN GET A LAP SIZE QUILT QUITE EASILY OUT OF ONE.  THIS QUILT IS MADE FROM THE STEW MEAT PKG.  I HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN TWO LONG TABLE RUNNERS OUT OF IT ALSO.


SOME RED ROSES FOR THE BACK.
GOOD NIGHT ALL, THANKS FOR STOPPING!
MARTHA

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

You did a great job. I had a charm pack of some of those fabrics... I really liked working with those reds but I did the 12 Days of Christmas with some of mine.

Susan said...

I love that! I haven't seen those scraps, just the strips in a bag, and I don't remember what those are called, either.