Preoccupied

Sorry I have been a bit preoccupied with other things. For those of you who have been inquisitive, my  husband came thru his surgery just fine . He is on the mend! Praise God for that!

I have been working on my grey quilts for my granddaughter and have progressed quite nicely I think. 









60" x 60"

This is a nice scrappy quilt that used 2 charm packs of a Jen Kingwell fabric line and 10 fat quarters of grey fabric. I used remaining grey fabric on the backing. I have taken it to the quilter's a few weeks ago. It went together quite quickly.



I got back my quilt project from Connie for the Habitat for Humanity. And asked Connie to give it at last guild meeting ,after I had bound it and put a label on it.





I then proceeded on to work on my grey quilts. Making these swans from an Elizabeth Hartman 's "Swans" pattern. But I decided to do my own setting with just these nine blocks. Sarah wants quilts on the smaller side, more like lap size. I have  already given this to the quilter also.

I thought you might like a better view of one block. I will get a picture of whole quilt when Connie if finished with it.



Our guild is doing a mystery block of the month. It is by Pat Speth who wrote "Nickel Quilts" book. She came to our guild to speak and also gave a class. I have a partially done quilt, that I need to finish from that class. I plan to hand quilt it when I finish.  For the mystery, I have picked out my fabrics for it and have finished the first clues.



These are fabrics for my stash.



first clue

I have also picked out my fabric choices for my mystery quilt for my Third Saturday Quilt group. I have the first clue, but will be working on it later today, hopefully.



These pieces are my background pieces. It is a totally scrappy quilt.



So my day is going to be fun filled! At least that's what I am feeling. Chatter later, Martha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onward!

final

Ryokan Second Visit