Smoke Detector Is Working

My poor unfortunate husband , who for 30 years was a volunteer firefighter, got woke up in the middle of his night to the sound of smoke alarms going off!!  This was the culprit!

look how metal bubbled!


I was ironing  my small quilt blocks and in the midst of it I smelled fabric burning.



As you can see it is scorched.  My iron started smoking and I smelled burning rubber. I turned the iron off and pulled the plug.  However that did not stop two smoke alarms from going off  first.  Hubby woke up and asked what I was doing? as I was turning on fans.  In our younger days having the fire dept. come to my house would have been grounds for divorce.  I quietly said I was sorry and skulked off to the basement to play with the computer and talk to you folks as a sounding board. Promised him I would stay out of trouble.  I  guess the rest of the blocks will be there when I get enough courage to go into the sewing room again.



Ralph Waldo Emerson said  "Move at the pace of nature and have patience."  Guess I will have to,  This is a wake up call to never leave iron unattended!  martha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onward!

final

Ryokan Second Visit