Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Newbie

I feel like a newbie today, learning how to sew all over again!  I bought a new machine last saturday. I am really liking the scissor cutting the thread when ever you press the button. Love the built in walking foot , but must get used to threading of the machine and the fact the bobbin is put in the opposite way every other sewing machine I have ever had!  I am sure I will overcome  as soon as I can practise some.  So I quilted and bound my Temecula Quilt Co.'s little quilt from this summer.   I have much more handwork today than sewing. I have a beginner wool applique class to teach at the end of the month and am trying to get ready for. Hope they don't mind the beginner teacher they are getting too!


Let's chit chat later,Martha.

2 comments:

Brenda T said...

Hey Martha - What of new machine did you get? You sound like me when I got my machine in January. I am still not used to all of it.

I got a Pfaff and the only thing that still really bugs me is that there is no presser foot lever except for a button on the pedal on the machine. Please email me and let me know what machine you got. Thanks - Brenda Travis in Park City, Utah tlbrenda@aol.com

I love following your blog and you do some many things that you are an inspiration to me to get more sewing done. Thank again.

Brenda

Nancy said...

Oh I love this little quilt. So sweet and pretty. What size did it finish out? Love the simplicity of the colors you chose. I really love the smaller quilts.