Sunday, November 4, 2012

Working Ahead

The projects I am working on now are for Christmas and  next year.  As many of you do also , to try to  keep ahead of the game.   I have now filled two of my three containers with hexies. WAA HOO!!



Next pic is of a Christmas project from a magazine. However in the magazine the center was a baby's picture. I choose to use some clipart off the computer for my center. I then choose to use Christmas fabrics for the dresden plate backround. I believe the magazine was " Quilts and More" , the last one published.  



As you can see I did a little Big stitch quilting around the plate. I also put some ric rac around center circle. I enjoyed  putting stripey binding around it.

I also finished my four wool blocks and now I can do the sashing stars and borders today, I hope.



  Tonight while I watch "Boardwalk Empire" I can work on hexies again. 
I am thankful we were not in the path of Hurricane Sandi, but we must remember to include those who were, in our thoughts and prayers. They are not out of the woods yet.
We'll talk later,martha.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi Martha. Love the hexies - great colors and so organized. Also, the wee mousie fabric in the center of your Dresden plate - how wonderful! I, too, watch Boardwalk Empire but generally have to set mine to record in the wee morning hours because I am pretty devoted to the Food Channel and the various challenges on Sunday night, and also Once Upon a Time and Breaking Amish. Thank Heavens for DVR's! Not sure where you live but I am glad you were spared Sandy. I was sure we would lose power but did not; many around us did, however, some still without it. I fear the Jersey shore I so love may never be the same. We all have to keep those affected in our prayers. Enjoy Boardwalk Empire. Great show. Waiting for The Borgias and Merlin to start again.

Sisbabestitches said...

I love your version of the quilt Martha. The centre is gorgeous and just adore the fabrics you have chosen, the big stitch quiliting is just perfect for this :)