Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Not Exactly Christmas Sewing

I haven't got to the Christmas sewing yet.  Even though I do have some American girl doll clothes to get ready for Santa.

I did finish an origami bag for carrying hexie components, scissors and thread in. It is a pattern by Pam Buda. By the way she is starting a new sew-a-long on Friday , January 4th and going for six weeks. 



In the inside there are two fold-like  pockets. The hexies sew on the front was an embellishment that I choose to do.  The purse itself is made with two fat quarters and some ribbon for the closure.  Cool , huh!

I still have two borders to finish on the quilt that I am working on. One small 2 1/2 " border to finish out the sashing stars and one larger border. I thought I would show you a picture anyway.



Been doing some Christmas shopping. I made some fudge the other day, first time in about 20 years.  I am looking forward to visiting my kids for the holidays, and my friends. I have a friend that wants me to do a tutorial on hexes for her. So that will be in the works too. Chit chat later, Martha

2 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Like your bag for carrying your supplies in--way to go!!!
I haven't made fudge in along time too--no cookies either--but I bought me some ingredients for them?????
Hugs, Di and miss gracie

Sisbabestitches said...

wow lots going on in your world! Love the little bag, and the hexie embellishment is so stylish :)