Sunday, February 17, 2013

Twisted Hexies

 

I found a tutorial and templates for these twisted hexies on this site www.jmddesigns.co.nz , which is really good!

 

101_1415

and here is another just started showing a partial seam with the first brick…

101_1417

 

I just realized that this is my 200th post and calls for a give-a-way!  I will ask my good friend Mary Ann who provided me with the prize and is an avid supporter of my blog and me ;  to pick a number from the comments left here until my next blog! The prize ? Oh yes , one of Lori Smith’s books, “Fat Quarter Quilting”.

 

101_1416

I will mail anywhere , so that all my blog readers have the opportunity! I am ready to read all those comments, reve your engines and go! Martha.

9 comments:

Heide said...

Oh, I would love to win the book! Looks like it includes appliqué! One of my favorite quilting methods. Congrats on all your blog entries. I just started a blog. Think I have finally found my way around and am looking forward to sharing my projects and a tute here and there.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love that twisted hexie block--
and I love the colors--looks like March weather to me--thanks for sharing--
have a great week--
hugs, di and miss gracie
that book looks yummy too!!

Judy B. said...

Martha, I have met you through your friend, Mary Ann H., and read your blog all the time. Would love to win the Lori Smith's book. The twisted hexagon block look cute but I wonder if you could piece it on the machine instead of by hand. Will have to give it a try to see if it can be done.

Gill said...

Thanks for the twisted hexie link! What about the partial seams? how difficult are they??
Congratulations on 200 posts!

kathy osterby said...

The twisted hexi block looks like even me could do it. (Just learning to quilt). I'm a huge fan of fat quarters and would love to have the book to learn more.

Lori said...

Happy 200th post!! I'd love to win your giveaway.

What a unique hexagon!! I love it!!

Pat from Florida said...

Love your hexies. Congrats on reaching your 200th post.

muhammad ibraheem said...

Investment Plans to make money online, Online Jobs can make money online from home, Just Visit
www.jobzcorner.com

KaHolly said...

It didn't take me long to find the link for those twisted hexies!! Thanks for sharing!! I'm pretty excited. ~karen