Sunday, February 24, 2013

Twisted Hexies

 

 

I finished hand piecing my twisted  hexies and put them together for a small table topper. I hand pieced them so I would have hand work at night.  I then put a light weight knit interfacing on the  back of the top.  Putting right sides together and stitching back and top;  using an eighth of and inch seam allowance and leaving an opening to turn right sides out.

101_1420

I now only have to hand stitch the opening closed. Perhaps a little bit of hand quilting on the inside hexagons? Don’t you think!

I have also been busy during the day making variable star blocks as you can see.

101_1421

I will be finishing these up today and then I must start on the sawtooth star blocks.

Since I knew I would be finishing my small table topper tonight, I prepared some wool work on flannel to stitch afterwards.

101_1419

It looks large however it is only 22 1/2 “ square. There are flying geese surrounding this square which are pieced. This is a pattern from “Elegant Quilts” by the Quilted Crow Girls .

Watching the Nascar race  and the Oscars tonight!  How about you?  Chit chat later,Martha.

4 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I did watch the whole Nascar race==probably a first for me--
and did enjoy it--gotta find out when the next race is on--
My whole family has always been race fans--but when my dad died in 2000 I haven't kept up at all--so everybody is new to me--and before I would just watch bits and pieces of the race!!
I won't be watching the Oscar's have no interest in that===
happy stitching this week==
hugs, di and miss gracie

Carrie P. said...

thanks for linking up your UFOs. I look forward to see your finishes. Love the hexie blocks and your wool applique is so pretty.

Doniene said...

What lovely projects, Martha!!! Love those stars!!

Blessings

KaHolly said...

Each of your projects is beautiful!! I really love the twisted hexies! Must look further to find the pattern and/or instructions for these!! I love handwork.