Travel

When I am going to travel by anywhere I like to make up something to do , with handwork. So I might be able to take anywhere , Bleacher seats , lobbys , nine hour truck rides, you have been there, you know what I am talking about.  Plus when we visit our children and grandchildren, they sometimes have school or work to go to. So I started looking thru Kim Diehl's book "Simple Graces"  and I found something that fits the bill. I not only have a nine hour drive to see my kids but another seven hour drive to be able to see my grandson in Kentucky. Then there is the trip back. No need to say any more!  I first picked this base to work on......


Then  after  some wool additions we have this....



Now all  I need to do is gather all the threads needed to stitch them down .Then  I will have what I need to keep me occupied and busy.

My husband cut me a piece of pressboard 18" x 12" for a portable ironing board. I wrapped it in leftover batting I had. Then some  insul-bright (stuff used in potholders). I then took some flannel and made a pouch  to slip over it . Now I just have to hand sew one end shut.






Di Ford has written a book called "Primarily Quilts" .  I highly recommend it! Makes a quilter's mouth salivate! So many scrumptious quilts in there.

Chit chat a little more later, Martha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onward!

final

Ryokan Second Visit