Busy Week

It most certainly has been a busy week! On Monday Mr. Sew What took me to another quilt shop in Randall , Mn. And boy did I shop!  I went looking for a line of fabric called "Lario" By Three Sisters and Moda. I needed yardage as I already had  2 Layer cakes and 4 charm packs.  I found several pieces and bought 2 yd. cuts of each.



I have been courting the thought of useing a grey as a backround for a different quilt but have not found any that charmed their way into my heart until  I saw this one there....



Bought what was left on the bolt. Loved the pattern.  While crusing the shop I found three patterns that I could not live without of course.


 One is "Swoon" , one an embroidery, and one an apron pattern. I had come to the shop with a $20.00 gift card and spent it on pink fat quarters. I have only a few of pink as they seem to not be as abundant as they were three years ago,or at least as easy to find. 



After my spree was over, we ate lunch at the other side of the shop. Very filling, as we saved half of sandwich for evening meal with some home-made chicken noodle soup. 
I have been following Moda's blog hop "Size Matters" and received inspiration for this small quilt I made with some of Pam Buda's fabrics called "Pin Money" . The inspiration came from Bunny Hill's blog  here .

I made it my own with some details added and some taken away.
I need to layer ,  quilt,  and bind.
Then Tuesday was my birthday and our guild had invited Deanne Eiseman to come and do a class on a new  pattern she had written, so that is how I spent my birthday. I have not finished it yet but will show as soon as I do.  My son sent these lovely flowers to my house from North Country Flowers. There was some chocolate involved too ,  but it has since disappeared.


Took my "Amish Revolution" quilt to Mary's to be quilted today and found out my "Sand In My Painted Toes" is on the machine now! Happy Days!!!Chatter with you later, Martha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onward!

final

Ryokan Second Visit