Saint Patrick's Day topper

Gotta hurry on this one, something green to celebrate the month of March!






Made from scraps, a four patch with foldy corners on three sides. and green scraps that  measure 2 1/2 " squares. The  light backround squares that you make foldy corners with are 1 1/2 " squares. I made three 4 patch blocks for each shamrock.The fourth lite backround  4 1/2 " square  has a green stem is appliqued diagonally and a foldy 3" square added to bottom  to edge finish the stem.  I sewed four blocks together and put a 3" border around ( that only took 2 - 3" wof strips. Now I need to layer and quilt and bind. No formal pattern , just drew on graph paper.

I have been planning on what block to do for the block exchange with Brenda Peterson's group of ladies. And I finally choose Cake Stand 



I made a total of thirteen blocks and I  am adding a few finishing touches of my own.  Like adding a bird in the lower corner.
Also a flower with two leaves. All I have left to add is the yo yo sewn down in center of the flower.




The block measure 12 1/2" square and 12" finished. The basket is made out of the focal fabric we are all useing.


Yesterday was our first meeting of Prairie Women's Sewing Circle.  We had one show and tell by Colleen Both who brought a Primitve Gatherings   she was working on.  Here are some pics...











The friendship stars we have been collecting for a quilt for Habitat for Humanity are behind Colleen pinned on our display board.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting for a spell!  Martha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onward!

final

Ryokan Second Visit