School Shopping

I am almost 60 and I still love August and school shopping! I have already purchased two packs of crayons and a pencil sharpener. I am still on the look out for a good compass, have yet to even find a bad one....


I guess I still have a little time.

With all this rain , things are kind of getting out of hand  as far as the pond situation in our back and side yards.  We now have a duck swimming pond in our back yard. I went out this morning to take a pic of them swimming and unfortunately scared them away.  My husband  Mr. Sew what says there is a goose out there also because he saw the poop out there. When I asked how he could tell a duck's poop from a goose's poop ,all he said was I have seen it before! Is he pulling my leg?



The last time I visited my kids , my darling daughter gave me a quilt to mend, that has been hers since she was 7-9yrs old. So the quilt is at least thirty years old and was used as tug of war with both animal and brother! I gave it a new back and batting and asked a very kind hearted quilter if she would give it new life. I finished the binding last night and mailed it off today, it was a queen size trip around the world quilt.






I also put in hot pink bottom sheet and two pillowcases.


This is the new backing,definitely not 1984.  All for now ,I have got to get back to looking for that compass, Martha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onward!

final

Ryokan Second Visit