It Has Been A Good Week

First off ,Susan and I had our first meeting of " Simple Whatnots " by Kim Diehl.  

Susan made a de-lish dessert from a Kim Diehl recipe and served to both groups! Played no favorites here!


The first meeting was so much fun Sharon Linders decided to stay for the second one (just teasing) . She did behave herself and did not do much running around (She had some knee surgery)
This was the only pic of a  Kim Diehl project that I took before my camera went out on me, drat! and double drat!This quilt was lovely but so were the three other ones! So now I will carry a different camera with me. Hopefully no more disappointments.

I finished my grand-daughter's quilt top and took it to the quilter's on wednesday. She suggested to quilt it in stars of different sizes and with a light blue steel thread. So we are going for it!


I finished my Jeni from the Woolen Willow sew a long and am waiting for the next installment.


I went to a (for me) two day retreat in Atkin, Mn. It was just in the daytime and no overnight stays. I finished putting together four blocks for applique. I have one sewn down and am working on sewing down the second. The quilt is called " Mrs. Hartigan's Stash" and it is an english paper pieced quilt.



The fabrics vary, however where there is light blue there is always light blue. The same as where there is yellow there is always yellow, just not the same fabric. I know hard to tell from these pics. 
Now as far as the  productivity of others(I don't hang around with slackers!)
I took some pics of the other's projects,to share with you....

This cutie was Janet Leins project which she finished while we were there plus others.

This was one of Connie Krueiger's finished projects.


This was being worked on by Pam, from Iowa, who is visiting her sister Joan Lemire.  I rather liked this one and took a pic of pattern by Glad creations.



This last pic of a quilt has me stumped as far as the makers name, but it reminds me of Helen Thorn's pattern, "Simply Charming".



All for now ,  have a busy week coming up too, Martha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onward!

final

Ryokan Second Visit