Something Fishy

During the fourth of July weekend there is a craft fair held in the local park. This is held every year. I usually just go and browse , not really looking for any thing special. This year there was something that really peeked my interest.... Fish Leather.  It is a real leather and must be treated as such. They make wallets ,bracelets and coin purses from it.



These are a few pieces, though not very big , I thought I would use some in place of some woolin my "Lisa's Flower Garden" quilt. A small bag cost me $5.00. Not too bad.


If you click on the pics it will enlarge them so that you can even see the scales.  But it feels just like any other leather.

I have bought 2 different patterns by two different designers for the exact same bag.  The reason I did this was because they are both written terribly! Can hardly understand them. I thought maybe where one was lax perhaps the other would be clearer. No such luck. However when combined they both have some lovely pics that really help.  I made the bag two days ago and have future plans to make more for christmas presents. I really enjoyed making it , once I started understanding the process. I will concead that I a not a bag person normally, but this is an exception.






Also my son and his family came to visit and we are celebrating my DG birthday...

Chatter later, Martha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onward!

final

Ryokan Second Visit