The Last Half of 2017

My mother passed away on September 2, 2017. I went to be with her in August. I am still feeling the loss and probably won't get over it for a long time if ever.  Today I am going to make a stab at moving on with this post.

In November I made 4 Dignity quilts and sent them to the funeral home that served my mom. For those of you that are unfamiliar with what a Dignity quilt is, I will try and explain. A quilt placed on the shell of the body that has met its maker when taken from a home , nursing home, or hospital so that when a living individual looks upon it, we are reminded that that body is someone's loved one. A person  who once loved and was loved. These next four pictures are of those quilts...





I forgot to take a finished shot of last quilt.

I also made a small quilt for my Uncle who stayed with me on the night my mom passed as I held her hand. I sent it with a thank you note for being not only with me but also his younger sister(mom). I will forever be grateful for him being there. This is a picture of the quilt I sent him.







Each block has a gingerbread building. Designed by Meg Hawkey of Crabapple Hill.

I have two sisters and a brother. Besides my uncle my youngest sister was a blessing that I could not have been without these last few months. She has a pair of minature Dauchands, so I made her this couch quilt by Elizabeth Hartman.


I have two dog blocks leftover from the quilt and asked her if she wanted pillows or a mini quilt for her puppies. She asked for the mini. So I will be working on it and finishing up my Bonnie Hunter Mystery. I recently made some life style changes and am now a stay at home sewer. The healing process continues. I have set up my Grace Z44 hand quilting frame in the lower level.  I am hoping to do more of that this year also. Keep me in your prayers and thoughts. It is much appreciated. Martha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onward!

final

Ryokan Second Visit