Fall Table Toppers and Candle Mats



I finished the table topper with the yo yo's and embroidery as you can see.  I quilted it and put on same binding as the fabric on the back of it.
     I have now started making hexes or english paper piecing.  I need to make 19 hexes.
     I first cut out 19 hexes from freezer paper.
     I then picked out different fabrics and I ironed the hexes onto the back of the fabrics.  That is the shiny side down on the back of the fabric.  I then roughly cut the fabric 1/4 " from the freezer paper.  There is always something new in sewing and quilting.  I have never tried hexes before, but so far I do like it.  Hope to finish this candle mat tonight,so that I may show it to you tomorrow along with a picture of my white featherweight ,that i just purchased.  All for now, I must get busy with these hexes!!


martha
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onward!

final

Ryokan Second Visit