I have finally come to the decision to not continue this blog. They are deleting feedburner service, that sends the blog to your e mail. Thank you for reading my blog and encouraging me these past years. Thank you again. Martha.
Today I find myself playing with hexes.I received acute little fob or bookmark in the mail today from Cheryl Goss of Willowberry Designs. It was so cute that it inspired me to make some hexes ! I will finish this later. A little tutorial for you on a small thread catcher. Cut two squares (can be of any size) these are five inch squares . I put an iron knit interfacing on one side to give it some body. This is a mini thread catcher for beside my chair while watching tv. With right sides together sew around useing 1/4 seam allowance and leaving an opening for turning. Turn right sides out and press. Fold a side in half and sew only half way up leaving half of top tip unsewn. Keep sewing each side to the one next to it until all are sewn half way up. You will have little triangle points flaying in the wind ,Ha Ha! I then sewed buttons on each side to hold it down. I put a mouse button o...
I decided that with June being the start of " Row by Row Experience", Minnesota's state Quilt Show, Pinetree Patchworker's Guild show, my free time might be limited. There is also a Minnesota shop hop to consider and Crow Wing County Fair in July and August. So since I volunteered to be in a small quilt swap in a quilt shop hosted by my guild's president, I thought I better get started. First I picked out some fabric and then a pattern. I had a Fig Tree pattern I had not made yet. So I was ready to go! Make six of these blocks.... Put them together with sashing and spool cornerstone blocks.... Add a small border.... Put on some buttons to imitate knobs and some black straight stitching to resemble a needle, quilt with an elongated serpentine stitch and add some binding. Now all I have to do is hand sew it down! I am definetly ready for the August swap. Martha.
Comments