A Little Bit of Everything

I have been quilting my class project from Victoria Findley Wolfe's  and now have the binding put on the front .  I  will be sewing it down tonight.  I decided to try and hand quilt it. If I want to get good at this skill, I must practise.

Binding almost there!


Hand quilting.


My elephant.


I started to do a flannel quilt for my bed but have changed my mind for several reasons. Let me show you a block....



These are six inch blocks with three layers each. So when sewing a seam you are sewing thru 6 layers of flannel!  I have sewn together four of them and pressed all seams open. The four patch is heavy, so I cannot even imagine putting batting and backing. The  top blocks are stiff already ,so putting very much quilting will not happen. So no queen size quilt from this pattern for me!



I have another crib size quilt on table. I am making it from one charm pack and 1 1/4 yard of background fabric. The pattern is called "Lollipop Twist" by Lazy Girl designs. Jaybird Quilts has a very similar pattern but uses fat eights and larger blocks. It is called "Firecracker".

Lazy Girl


Jaybird Quilts


I have a few blocks finished.....

The charm pack is Edyta Sitar's "Heart's Desire" line.


Made up of 4 - 4 1/2" blocks


All the show and tell I have for now , have a great Thanksgiving.  Chatter later,Martha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onward!

final

Ryokan Second Visit