Thursday, January 1, 2015

Rush In The New Year!

 Or am I rushing in the new year ?  First ,I was excited as everyone else to get the instructions to put together the Mystery Quilt ;  as of this moment I ony have a few blocks put together. I would like to share those with you now....







I will share my progress with you in a few days.  Meanwhile those four days between finishing the last clues and receiving these last directions, I was bored,so I started a flannel quilt for my bed. I had been collecting    acquiring print  flannel fat quarters for the past one and a half years. I was able to acquire some solids recently also ,enough for that queen size quilt in autumnal colors ( my favorite). I was not able to find one single pattern that rang my chimes. So I combined parts of three different ones. I took the 6" simple squares put together radomly from one pattern.  I took the sunflower applique , but only in a small band 3/4 of the way up (not an all over the top  pattern ). There will be some appliqued black crows or ravens (three , I think should be enough) and there are already three ants sewn into the band of sunflowers.






I have a stack of squares cut and ready to sew....



I have the first six rows of 16 put together....

It will be about 90" square.


I will set this aside for the moment to finish up Bonnie Hunter's pattern.

I received a quilt back from Connie Krueger who quilted my "Farmhouse Revival". At one point I was going to try and do it myself with stitch in the ditch, but finally gave up that idea. I did get it bound and a label on the back(give credit where credit is due).



Sorry about the orange wood floors, I think I need a new camera.



I will be sharing my progress as I have said ,so chatter later and hope your New Year is ringing in just fine!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like your flannel quilt idea. I am going to make several flannel quilts this year and that gives me an idea to add in some NY Beauty paper pieced blocks in one of mine.


Happy New Year!!!

Karen said...

The sunflower blocks are very interesting. Many rays of sunshine in that quilt.