Experimenting

Have you ever wanted to try something you have never done before?  I have had the urge to try some new blocks, so I gave into that feelings. I first went to pinterest and found about 5 different plus blocks. I call them positive blocks.






I think I might do a couple of  the blocks again, maybe each pattern in a quilt of their own. I had so many leftovers of the fabric especially many already cut up in 2 1/2"  x 6.5". So I felt I needed to find a pattern to use them up. I found one that was interesting as it was a partial seam, waiting to be finished after completely sewn three other seams. Don't know the name of  this block.....



I had enough for 12 blocks worth and with a small 3 1/2" border. I really enjoyed the experimenting. However it did not stop there!




I quilted it!!! I detest quilting a three layer sandwich, I enjoy piecing and creating a block or pattern. Our third Saturday's group leader, Brenda Peterson lets everyone come to the meeting without fear of being hen pecked or snarked at.  So I have been taking more baby steps into quilting my own things. I have a very long way to go, But I am ready to take some chances, at least a little at  time. I really appreciate Brenda,and so do the others in the group. I now just need to bind this one, Quick pic of the scrappy back....




Chatter later, Martha.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onward!

final

Ryokan Second Visit