Quilt For A Veteran

My Uncle Junior served in the Army  for at least 25 years . I believe he went to Veit Nam twice.  I know that I have one cousin that was born in Germany, because his family followed him when they could. He joined when he was 16 or 17, somewhere around 1949 or 1950. He was my mom's older brother and friend.

He has never recieved a quilt from Quilts of Honor, Quilts of Gratitude, or Quilts of Valor. So I have decided to make him one myself.  I found a pattern that I liked, which is a log cabin type.



I am going to make the lap size version for him which is a total of 24 blocks.  I have picked out my material  and started to sew up my 24-- four and a half inch star centers.



I needed 20 of the red blocks and only 4 of the blue ones.  I took four of each color and started building my log cabins.







The first eight blocks all have at least three rounds of logs on each side. They need four rounds. I will share my progress as I continue my self imposed exhile in my sewing room. Be safe people, take precautions and wash hands frequently! Take the 20 seconds of washing you hands to pray for all medical workers and police and firefighters who must be out there! Chatter later, Martha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onward!

final

Ryokan Second Visit