New Year, New Project!

My projects for this month will be mainly trying to use up my huge bin of 2 1/2" strips.  In making as many quilts as I possibly can out of this, so that I may get this container off my sewing room floor!


I have  a large selection of patterns that mainly use 2 1/2" strips and a bit of background fabric. My first pattern is a pattern my daughter choose last year for one of her grey,  black,  and white quilts she wants for her living room.


I can see this being made with red, white blue, and gold strips for Quilts of Gratitude or Quilts of Honor.  Maybe just scrappy using all colors too!  I begin by sewing three strips together and press seams one direction and then using the 45* angle on my ruler cutting more 2 1/2 strips.....







Which I get 3 pieces from each strip and I need 81 of these for my quilt....






I have already made 44 of these, so the next few days I will be making more of these. I will update you as to my progress as I move along.  Chatter later, Martha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onward!

final

Ryokan Second Visit